The following people are seeking help with their research. We have given their address after the entry so that you can e-mail them directly.
(Email us by using the Form)
REQUESTS ARE NOT RESTRICTED TO ANCESTORS FROM THE WEST OF ENGLAND OR SOUTH WALES - THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE UK
GLYN HALE in STROUD, GLOS.
Starting with me! I'm looking for a WILLIAM HALE, who was born in BEDMINSTER, near BRISTOL, SOMERSET in 1853. His father was also called WILLIAM and his mother's name was SARAH (nee BAKER). I haven't been able to find any of them on the 1861 or 1871 censuses, either in the Bristol area or the PONTYPOOL area where William later lived.
JOAN RASANEN in
writes "I am searching for information concerning the family of ELIZABETH L. HALE born approx 1825, a tailoress from WOOTTEN BASSET in Wiltshire. Her father JOHN HALE was born in 1799 and her mother MARTHA (nee TAYLOR) in 1801. Elizabeth married
THOMAS STOCKHAM a cooper from Bristol on May 21, 1861 in BEDMINSTER. Had two children ADA MARY and
MARTHA ANN. Last address in 1881 was: 56 Essex Street, Bedminster,Bristol." [Joaras$aol.com]
- MIKE HALE of
OXFORD, ENGLAND is seeking HALE connections in BIRMINGHAM, WARWICKSHIRE and KEYNSHAM, Somerset. [ mike$hale2.demon.co.uk ]
In PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA JANICE HAYES (nee Hale) wants information on the Hale family of MITCHELDEAN, FOREST OF DEAN, Glos. headed by JOHN HALE and his wife HANNAH. Their children were : DANIEL (1814), WILLIAM (1816),JOHN BAMFORD (1819), GEORGE RAMSEY (1824) and HANNAH (1826) [janhale$nw.com.au]
in LONDON, ENGLAND RUTH KIBBLE (nee Hale) is looking for connections with her ancestor FRANCIS HALE of WOODFORD near BERKELEY, Gloucestershire (1675 - 1744) and his wife MARY, (nee Excell).Their had two sons, WILLIAM (1712) and RICHARD (1707) and a daughter MARY(1709) [Contact us]
MIKE THOMAS of BRADFORD, WEST YORKSHIRE would like to hear from anyone who has information on ANTHONY HALE,
whose daughter ANN was baptised at SHERBORNE Parish Church on 14 Jan 1758. Anthony married Ann Humphris at HAMPNETT, GLOS. on 2 Dec 1751. [Contact us]
- BLANCHE CHARLES in WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND is asking for information on HALEs in NAILSEA, SOM. Her ancestor HENRY HALE was born there c.1789 and he married BETSEY PARKER at WRINGTON in 1811. Their son Henry married Caroline DELANY & their sons HENRY and THEODORE later lived in PONTYPOOL, MONMOUTHSHIRE. Also, in KEYNSHAM, SOM, Betty HALE, d/o James & Edith, was born in 1762, and married Job CANTLE in 1785.
- GRANVILLE HALE of OAKDALE, MONMOUTHSHIRE would like to make contact with anyone who has information on CAROLINE (1829) and WILLIAM HALE (1830) who were baptised at St Woolos, NEWPORT, Mon. and their parents WILLIAM and MARY HALE. [Contact us]
- EVONE LIGHTNER of PRINCETON, TX USA would like to make contact with anyone who has information on GEORGE HAILE/Hale/Hail who came to USA in the early 1600's. It is thought that he may have come from BRISTOL, Kent County, England. He settled in the State of Virginia when he came to America. It is believed that he may have been on the ship called "Supply". Also, there was a Nicholas Hale/Haile that came at a later time. [lightner$texoma.net]
- An email from CHARLES FETHEROFF in WILLOWICK, Ohio, USA says:
"Looking for origin of my gggg grandfather JAMES HALE who was born in "England " about 1737. He married a CATHARINE BAIRD about 1765, supposedly in Pennsylvania. I have found no record of when he came to this country. They named their 8 children Rebecca, Joseph, Lydia, John (my ggg grandfather), Hannah, James, Thomas and Silas. " [cwfether$harborcom.net]
- CYNTHIA MORETON in SLOUGH, BERKSHIRE is interested in a WILLIAM HALE who married MARY RICHARDS in CHELTENHAM Parish Church Glos. on 28 August 1827. [Contact us]
- JACKIE WHITE HALE in CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS, USA writes: " I would like information on GEORGE HAILE b.1602 in BRISTOL, England. Immigrated to America in 1620 on ship "Supply" listed as #10 passenger. Settled around Baltimore, but family is found in Virginia, and mostly in Tennessee. Would like to compare notes. I have got got about 15 generations." [hale$intcomm.net]
- PAUL BRIAN HALE from KENNIWICK, WASHINGTON, USA writes:"
Searching for any Hale family members. My earliest known ancestor was ELEAZER HALE, born circa 1820. Dies Jan. 10, 1892 in MONTCALM, Michigan, USA. Married MARIA BLAKELY. She was 63 years old at time of death in 1889.Thanks for any assistance. God bless all of you." [phale$3-cities.com]
- JODEE JAMES of METCHUEN, New Jersey, U.S.A writes the following message :"I'm looking for information concerning my greatgrandmother, SARAH HALE b 4 May 1870 in England??? daughter of ROBERT HALE & ELIZABETH MATTHEWS (b 10 Dec 1849 Eng?). Sarah married Henry James and moved to New Jersey,US. This is the only info I have." [Redragon$gateway.net]
- PHILIPPA GARNSEY ofSYDNEY, AUSTRALIA says :
"My Hale family came from COOMBE BISSETT and QUIDHAMPTON, WILTSHIRE. JOHN HALE b1778, (parents THOMAS HEALE and MARY FRYER) married Anne Macey (b1789) at FISHERTON ANGER, Wiltshire in 1812. Their children were John b 1812, Thomas b 1813, Elizabeth Ann b 1813 and Anne Elizabeth b1813 (twins) Robert Matthew b1819 married Victoria Vickery, James b1821 and Charles William b1822 married 1)Fanny Emma Oakley at Bristol & 2)Mary Anne Grindley in Australia. I am descended from Charles who arrived in Australia in the 1850s and died at COOLAMON, NSW in 1899. Would love to contact other descendants of this family." [garnsey$ozemail.com.au]
- in GEELONG, AUSTRALIA VIV GUGGER has been researching the descendants of HENRY PONTING HALE and Selena Gammon. Henry was born in NASH, Monmouthshire in 1836, the son of CHARLES HENRY HALE and Mary? Martha Waters. He emigrated to Australia some time before April 1860 and was a farmer in the Barrabool Hills near GEELONG. His children were: Annas Amelia, Emily Ann, Henry Ponting, Henry Charles, Charles Henry, Alfred Richard, William John, Annie Maria, Mary Martha, Emily Louisa Jane, Florence Selena and Lottie Margaret. [vgugger$hotmail.com]
- in BEDFORD, ENGLAND MICHELLE ABRAHAMS is looking for HALE / HEALE in RADSTOCK, Somerset and St Johns, BATH. ISAAC HALE and ARTULUS (nee STOCK) moved to Glamorgan in the 1880's, they had four children Elizabeth, Agnes ( born 1883), John and Clara. Looking for further information on HALE /HEAL in Somerset plus any descendants of ELIZABETH and JOHN HALE [michelle.abrahams$btinternet.com]
- Another researcher from TEXAS, DIANNE BREWER of SEALY writes:
"Just a query for now: my gr gr grandfather's given name is ALMARINE HALE. This is so unusual that I've not seen it anywhere else. Is it Welsh, perhaps? Has anyone ever seen it before? He was born ca 1826 and died in Butler Co., KY, USA. He married Elizabeth Catherine Neill in MORGANTOWN, BUTLER CO., Ky in 1848. She is a daughter of William & Louisa (nee Lee) Neill. Thanks for any help in any direction!" [bdbrewer$phoenix.net]
- TERRY HOON in LEYTONSTONE, LONDON is interested in a SAMUEL HALE who married MARY BAKER in BEDMINSTER, Bristol Parish Church on 6 April 1820. [Contact us]
- MARIE MURRAY SIMS in VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA writes "I have a marriage certificate of my 5th Great grandfather, WILLIAM SLEEMAN and MARY HALE, daughter of JOSEPH HALE. Witnesses were Edmund Hale and Jane Hale. Marriage was Oct 22, 1842 in, FLAXLEY, GLOUCESTER, England. Mary Hale was born 1822. I am looking for any connections.Thank you. Marie" [marie_murray$cdnoxy.com]
- in ADELAIDE, S AUSTRALIA LEON HALE says "My Grandfather,WILLIAM HALE, was born in England probably between Jan and Jun 1856. He embarked on the ship "Earl Dalousie " in Oct 1873 at London. The ship carried fully assisted migrants to South Australia. It left London, picked up other passengers at Plymouth and arrived in South Australia 10 Jan 1873. My Grandfather married in Nov 11 1880 and on Marriage Certificate stated that his father's name was "William Hale " . I thought he may have been born in Hertfordshire (ST ALBANS ?) not sure. Would like to find his parents' names and siblings, if any" [haleon$picknowl.com.au]
- KEN EDWARDS in SHIREHAMPTON is looking for baptism of THOMAS HALE cira 1750. Married to Ann Elliot 1786 in Newington Bagpath, having children baptised in DURSLEY, Glos.[kenedw40$aol.com]
- KAY WARREN MORGAN in TREORCHY, RHONDDA is "Seeking marriage of EPHRAIM HALE and Susan? N/T in Blagdon Par Reg.Have baptisms of children and family on 1851 census.Have found children on 1861 census but N/T of EPHRAIM and SUSAN at the same address.Ephraim still alive c1867 Marriage Cert. of Susan Hale in WESTON SUPER MARE" [leonhughes$rhondda-cynon-taff.gov.uk]
- An email from MARION BOUZIANIS of ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA says:
"Information sought on WILLIAM HALE - born 24 Dec 1851 to HENRY and Mary Ann HALE (nee ELTON/HELTON) - have copy of birth certificate.
Henry HALE, collier of PONTNEWYDD, Monmouthshire and Mary Ann HELTON married at St Cadocs Trevethin/ PONTYPOOL
Witnesses were Jas HALE, nailer, and George HELTON.
Ages and place of birth of Henry and Mary Ann on wedding record at St Cadoc's would be great help please.
Address of any of the above from marriage record would also be appreciated." [MARYBDORRINGTON$HOTMAIL.COM]
- JOYCE HALE CONLEY in VIRGINIA, USA is looking for information about the parents of THOMAS HALE b.1758 in North Carolina , d.1837 in Franklin County. VA. Served in Rev. war. First married RACHEL SHERIDEN and second married NANCY WOOD [jjckc$netscope.net]
- in MALLARD, Iowa, USA NANCY KACMARYNSKI says "Searching for information on JOHN HALE b. 1739/1740 DEEPING FEN, Lincolnshire d. 1-22-1822 MARKET DEEPING, Lincolnshire. Also GEORGE HALE b. abt. 1792 probably Deeping Fen or Market Deeping-not sure relationship of George to John. George m. MARIA MEASURES of Market Deeping on 7-26-1824 at Market Deeping-their children: John Hale b. 1827; Edward Hale b. 1832; Thomas Measures Hale b. 1835; Jane Hale b. 1840; Eleanor Hale b. 1830; and William C Hale b. 7-8-1825 all at Market Deeping. George,Maria and all children except James to USA approximately 1849 on ship "Liddons" along with Eleanors husband Henry Robinson and Williams wife Elizabeth Shales.--any info on any of these would be greatly appreciated-lost track of Edward; Thomas and Jane in Utica New York 1850." [mallardl$ncn.net]
N.B. To eliminate the possibility of web crawlers 'lifting' your email address from this site we have replaced the @ with $. (Web crawlers are pretty dumb!). When you write you should, of course, replace the $ with @.
Somewhere on this site is a "hidden" page which can only be accessed from THIS page. To do so, solve the clue "It happened on the first day" and click in the right place. Have a look around this page - it's pretty easy if you think literally and laterally!