MORE NAMES of people are seeking help with their research. We have given their address after the entry so that you can e-mail them directly. (Mail us by using the Form)
REQUESTS ARE NOT RESTRICTED TO ANCESTORS FROM THE WEST OF ENGLAND OR SOUTH WALES - THEY CAN BE ANYWHERE IN THE UK
H B ZEIGLER in GULFPORT MS USA "Would like to find ancestors of:
SAMUEL HALE Jr., born 14 Nov. 1802 at Oglethrope Co, GA.1. Died 13 Sept.1875 at Choctaw Co., MS., buried at Bankston Cemetery, Choctaw Co., MS, Married to Elizabeth Bradford on 16 Feb. 1826 in Oglethrope, Co., GA3. Elizabeth was born abt. 1804 in Oglethrope Co., GA4" [ hamzig$goldinc.com ]
- In ONTARIO, CANADA JANET TULLY is searching for info on the family of JOHN HALES born Abt 1826 England. He came to Muddy York, Toronto Ontario, Canada where he married Elizabeth (Betsy) Pogue in 1845 and had family of 10. Looking for parents and siblings. Unsure if he came to Ontario with his parents but would like to know [jtully$nexicom.net]
- JANET BROOKS from
writes: "I am looking for connections to ENOCH Hale born about 1819, FOREST OF DEAN, Gloucestershire, married to ELIZA Unknown from Frampton Gloucester. Also OSWEALD (sic) Hale born about 1852, WESTBURY-ON-SEVERN. Many relations here in Yorkshire want to hear from you." [janet. brookes$virgin.net]
- RHONDA MAHER in
BIGGERA WATERS, GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA
writes: "I have an ELIZABETH FRANCIS HALE born c1819 BRISTOL Died Australia 1898. Her mother was an Elizabeth ? born c 1780 GLOUCESTERSHIRE, dying in SYDNEY, Australia 1863.
We know that Elizabeth Snr had at least 4 daughters according to her convict record but the names of the other three are not known. We don't know her husband's name, if she was indeed married to a Mr Hale? I have the convict records but they are not helping a lot. Thanks, Rhonda" [poppa$technet2000.com.au]
- JOHN WILLIAMS in Redmond, WASHINGTON, USA Says : "I am searching for information on my ancestor
Sir CHARLES HALE, father of ROBERT HALE, b. abt 1606 in
CANTERBURY, Kent. I seb to have reached a dead end. Any assistance gratefully received." [williajo$msn.com]
- BARBARA THAMM of NOWRA, NSW, AUSTRALIA is looking for any information on the family of ANTHONY HALE,and Mary Morgan who married 1796 at St Cadoc's, Trevethin (PONTYPOOL), Monmouthshire. Four known children: William, James, Ann and Mary. Associated family names: Parkes, Daubeny/Dauberry, Saunders and possibly Phillips.
- From ROPLEY, HAMPSHIRE, ENGLAND EILEEN ADKINS writes:" On 10th May 1882 CHARLOTTE HALE married James Knappett at WESTON-SUPER-MARE Baptist church. Charlotte was then 30, daughter of SAMUEL HALE a labourer. Their descendants now live in Canada and would welcome any information about Charlotte's family."
- KRISTIE LYNN HALE from
USA writes "
I am looking to find my relatives that live as far from Germany to TENESSEE,USA.
SIDNEY HALE is my Grandfather who was stationed in Bomburg, Germany and got
married to a Maria. They had a son (MY FATHER) named ROBERT MANSFORD HALE. I would
like to find out more. Thank you (Dunke)" [KristieLynn$usa.net]
- In the USA
is looking for connections with her ancestor WILLIAM HENRY HALE of SOMERSET and
his wife Mary around mid 1800's..She writes : "I only know of three of their sons -
HENRY, THOMAS,and GEORGE. George would be my husbands GGrandfather He was born Aug.20,1889
in Somersetshire and died Sept.13,1936 in AUBURN,N.Y. If this is any relation to you
please send me any info you may have as my husbands grandmother (Doris Houser,Georges daughter)
is trying to find out about her relatives. Thank-You." Kristin [ratliff2002$adelphia.net]
- From CHICAGO,
ILL. USA PATRICIA HORNIK writes:" Descended from HALE's of Kent,and Wiltshire and possibly Hampshire, England.
Ancestor GEORGE LONG HALE born about 1778, Wiltshire per 1851 census of St. PETER's, BROADSTAIRS, Kent.
Also have from Harlerian Publication of Hampshire Parish records a marriage at MILLBROOK, SOUTHAMPTON, Hampshire for EDWARD HALE of DEVIZES, Wiltshire and Lucy Long of Hampshire 5 February 1742. Still trying to find out if they are related to the above George Long Hale." [pmh1122$aol.com]
- SARAH BOXALL in WOOLONGONG, AUSTRALIA writes "I'm looking for any information on my great grandfather PERCIVAL GEORGE HALE born 1887. He was the son of WILLIAM GEORGE HALE and MARGARET HALE (nee HUDSON.
I believe the family may have immigrated to Australia from the US but no-one remembers. Any information would be greatly appreciated." [sarah_boxall$hotmail.com]
- REV PAUL CROSS of HENGOED, Mid GLAM, WALES sends the following message :" My grandmother was a HALE whose father came from COLEFORD in the 1890's to Abertillery with his parents and brothers. Fathers name was OWEN HALE and was born in COLEFORD in 1895 but I cannot find any trace of his birth or baptism.
Any one with info? " [revpaulcross$hotmail.com]
- In BAUD, FRANCE JOHN HALES says: "I am John Hales born 1934, my father HUBERT ALFRED HALES born 1879 (one of seven children, one Edith Jane) also had children by his first marriage to Marjorie in 1901, London. One MARJORIE HALES of Putney, London and several sons not known. My father's father and mother were JOHN and JANE HALES, schoolmaster of Blymhill, Shropshire in the 1850's+. I am interested to hear from any relatives or futher information about the family tree." [sally.hales$worldonline.fr]
- PAUL HALE from
EASTLEIGH writes "I'm trying to trace my
father's family. His name was ALFRED HALE as was his father's. He was born in 1919.
His mother's name was bily Rayment (nee Stanton). Both families lived in Lorenco
Road, Edmonton, London, N9, circa 1900. This is all the information I have. Any further
information would be very much welcomed." [pndhale$rmuse.dbon.co.uk]
HUDSON, NH, USA SHANON CHAPUT writes:"I am
trying to find any and all info. on
WILLIAM HALES born at Douglas, Isle of Man in the early 1830s.He immigrated to
the US and settled in Boston,MA.He married Margaret Julia (Doyle)(Fortis)and had
four children. William, Mary Charlotte,Margaret and Mary Elizabeth.She has two from a
previous marriage - Adam Francis(Frank) and Julia. Thank you"
- In MONCTON NB, CANADA
DAVID JAMES HALE wrote: "
Looking for CHRIS and DAVID HALE , sons of ROY HALE who left
Newfoundland Canada in WW2 and settled in England (reverse migration).
Roy is the son of GARLAND HALE of Bay Roberts NFLD Canada. My father is
the stepbrother of Roy Hale , DAVID RALPH Hale trying to locate other
mbbers also a sister of Roy , JEAN Hale and another brother DON Hale
both of whom may be in Florida USA. Long live the Hales. " [dhale3347$rogers.com]
- TAMMY in NORTON, MA, USA Says
"I recently acquired an old scrapbook. I *believe* that it belonged to
either a LYDIA DEVAN HALE or a LOUISE NEWLIN HALE. Their father I
believe was RICHARD Hale, who was a pastor of the Caroline Church. He
died on April 1, 1886. Anyway, the scrapbook has many bits of poetry
and quotes from the day. It also has birth, death and marriage
announcbents. I don't want to part with it right now--I am interested
in it's content. But if the information that it contains is of
interest or help to someone please let me know. I got it from an
auction site--he found it in an attic somewhere." [tamahone$curry.edu]
CWMBRAN, MON, WALES IDRIS DAVIES writes: "
1861 Census Gloucestershire: Searching for following Hale family:
CHARLES HALE 34 b. Maismore, MARY ANN Hale 39 b.Haresfield
MARTHA ANN Hale 15, b. Haresfield. EDWIN Hale 9, b. Maismore
WILLIAM GEORGE Hale 6, b. Maismore THOMAS Hale 3 b. Poole Meadow Intra Paro."
- JOHN K MARFLEET in LEICESTER
asks:" Do you know anything of a (WILLIAM?) HALE
please. I do not have much to go on! My paternal grandfather's second wife Mary Louise Marfleet
married him in 1905 in the RD of West Ham. MLM died around 1908 after which HALE rbarried.
He died 1935 or early 1936 in Langthorne Hospital (Workhouse) and only had two mourners at his
pauper's funeral, my mother and her sister-in-law. [Please see my web-site on
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/john.marfleet/homepage.htm. Thank you." [john.marfleet$ukonline.co.uk]
- In HAMBURG, GERMANY
Dr VITA Von WEDEL writes: "My great-...(x 5)...grandfather was Sir MATTHEW HALE. I have done a bit of
research on him, have been to his house in Alderley, Gloucestershire
etc. There are no direct descendants who carry the name Hale. Hale was often used as a middle name in my
family though! I wonder if I can meet any direct descendants through this page. I descend from his daughter MARY who married EDWARD ADDERLEY from
Innishannon, Co.Cork, Ireland. I have a few portraits of Sir Matthew (etchings) - if anyone is
N.B. To eliminate the possibility of web crawlers 'lifting' your email address from this site we have
replaced the @ with $. (Web crawlers are pretty dumb!). When you write you should, of course, replace the $ with @.